Red Bull Mobile launched in South Africa earlier this year with a bang. Since then they have expanded their product range and now offer Prepaid, Contract and Data products. If you were under a rock and haven’t been exposed to the awesome Red Bull MOBILE offering here is a quick overview.
Red Bull MOBILE is an innovative mobile offering that was launched in February this year. Powered by Cell C’s new HSPA+ network Red Bull MOBILE gives uses access to premium Red Bull content.
Sounds good, but here is where it really get’s interesting: Red Bull MOBILE gives users free and exclusive access, via the specific Red Bull MOBILE mobisite portal, to some of the world’s most compelling content:
- Red Bull TV which is a dedicated TV station for mobile, focusing on the World of Red Bull and showing spectacular videos 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- A repository of thousands of content items, which grows daily.
- Music: there is a pool of ± 3,000 shows from the Red Bull Music Academy. This content can be streamed to the Red Bull MOBILE handset. Included, are a great variety of Android apps that can be installed on all of the five smartphones in the range. In addition prepaid customers can also download these apps onto their current handsets.
- Video: You will be kept up to date with the latest video releases.
- Red Bull content downloads. The formats are VOD (video-on-demand/video clips), static images, wallpapers, screensavers, lifestyle content, text-based services etc.
- Download videos are not DRM-protected, but are encoded for mobile use. Users can transfer video files as an attachment and/or Bluetooth to their friends.
And last but not least, Red Bull MOBILE customers get free tickets to events and festivals, as well as a monthly copy of The Red Bulletin magazine for free to contract customers. Pretty sweet hey? On top of all that they have some really cool phones as well. Stick around for more information in the coming weeks.